More than 75% of Americans have some form of gum disease. Early detection and management can lower your risk of tooth loss and the negative health effects such as cardiovascular disease and complications in diabetes.
Gum disease starts with harmful bacteria living around and on the teeth. It can lead to eventual tooth loss preventing you from enjoying a healthy diet. In addition, the bacteria that cause gum disease can also contribute to heart disease and a long list of whole body ailments.
If you have active gum disease, a plan to stabilize it will be our first priority.
What would concern us:
- Bleeding or painful gums with brushing and flossing
- Past recommendations to have your teeth cleaned more than twice a year
- Family members with a history of gum disease
- Receding gums (teeth that look longer)
- Chronic bad breath or an unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Use of tobacco products (of any kind)
- Teeth becoming loose or coming out on their own
- Shifting or flaring of your teeth
A thorough evaluation along with investigating the above areas allows us to personalize your care. Give us a call today at (775)329-9534 to get started.